Organize and move on.
- Gather packing supplies (we can help).
- Get rid of anything you don’t really want or like or haven’t used in awhile.
- Organize your stuff.
- Disassemble anything you can for easier storage.
- Use strong packing tape to secure nuts, screws and bolts to the items they go with.
- Label every box and include the room it came from.
- Clearly identify breakables as “FRAGILE.”
- Use Styrofoam peanuts in the bottom of boxes packed with breakables.
- Don’t pack all heavy items in one box.
- Completely seal boxes.
- Use bubble wrap and newspaper to wrap fragile items.
- Unplug appliances.
- Defrost freezers.
- Pack a box with things you’ll need on the day you move.