Suggestions for easy, safe storage
- Furniture drawers are ideal for delicate items.
- Wrap all breakables in bubble wrap or newspaper.
- Fill boxes by stuffing them with plain newspaper to avoid collapsing.
- DO NOT store anything combustible (such as paint and chemicals).
- DO NOT store perishables.
- Drain all fluids prior from lawn and garden equipment to avoid corrosive damage.
- Use large bins or trash cans to store shovels, hoes and rakes.
- Always use high quality locks.
- For heirlooms, use specialty boxes and ask for climate-controlled units.
- Use boards or pallets for furniture.
- Cover mattresses with plastic and store them flat on level surfaces.
- Store small items like pots and pans in large appliances, such as stoves or refrigerators.
- Take apart items when possible.
- Store large furniture (like tabletops and sofas) on end to save space.
- Use protective covers and treat wood surfaces before storing.
- Label all boxes and create aisles for easy access.